Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The End of My Rope


I knew it was time

I got to the end of that rope

and tried to pull myself up

but, I didn't have the strength

my arms were tired and I was weak

and all I kept thinking was," I can't leave you."


My dreams at night are filled with

all the images of you

smiling, laughing, joking, teasing

your voice haunting each dream

making me want you more then

the day before and the day before

that


I tried so hard to not feel this way

because what you don't know

is I cried all the way home

yesterday.

It's just that I'm obsessed now.

I can't forget a thing about you

and I can't do anything

anything about it and I can't

change a damn thing about

the way I feel


So, it's the end of my rope

you see and it's time for me

to take

a giant leap, a jump if you will

into your heart,

your  mind and your soul and Oh,

I won't be afraid because it was

so inevitable and somehow,

I know how you feel

You see, I see it in your eyes,

in everything you do, you just

don't know what to do and

I just didn't know it would happen

this way, with you, now


So, tomorrow when I see you

I may seem somewhat melancholy,

I may seem a little serious

I may stare into your eyes a little

longer then I usually do

or I may stare at your lips and

you may ask

me what is going on and

I might tell you that today,

yes, today, I've decide that I

love you and even though

it's something we can't do

anything about...I know that

you feel the same... you see,

it's been coming.. it's not what

I wanted...but it's what I got

And for now, if love is all I got,

then I think you ought to take it

It's not given lightly or carelessly

But it's with all my heart that

I give you all I got...and

in the end of this...when weeks and

months and maybe years have passed

you'll know that I was right to

tell you and most of all it was

was the best time ever, to

give up on that rope

We'll be okay,

we really will...

I love you







June 12, 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment