Thursday, June 27, 2013

Pretend

Last night I pretended you were here.

You came in like you owned the place, took your shoes off and sat down on the couch.

I was nervous and tried to think of just the right things to say

When I moved closer to you, you stood up. When I moved back, you sat back down.

I know you wanted to see me, but you didn't know what to do when you got here.

We watched the news and hardly spoke.

Then, you asked me if I wanted something at the store.

To which I said, yes, ice cream please.

Your eyes lit up when you said, "I'll be right back!"

Seems like you were gone forever. I did up some dishes;

fixed my hair, again; sprayed Juicy perfume all over the couch;

checked my lip gloss and finally sat back down, in my corner.

When you came back, you went straight to the kitchen.

A few minutes later you came out with two bowls of ice cream with

whipped cream and chocolate syrup swirled around in it.

You gave one to me and then sat at my feet and ate yours.


Then you put your bowl down and said, "you have nice feet."

"Thank you," I was so nervous.

"You have nice legs too and gorgeous eyes. Come here and sit with me.."

I was so taken, I immediately put down my bowl and scooted to the floor.

"Your hair is beautiful," you said as you reached across me and put your hand

in my hair.

I could not hear a word you were saying when  you grabbed me and

kissed me. That kiss never ended and we found ourselves on the floor

the next morning.

When you woke up, you said, "Have to go," then you hugged me and left.

I pretended it was okay to leave.

I pretended not to care.

When I saw you a little later I told you that I was with someone else.

You acted like you were hurt.

But I pretended it didn't matter.

I saw you last night with her.

When you saw me and tried to talk to me

I pretended I didn't see you there.

And then I pretended not to cry.

And pretended I didn't love you anymore.

Tonight I'll pretend you came back to me

and this time, I'll pretend that I love you and

never, never, never  let you go.





June 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment