Sunday, June 16, 2013

A Simple Twist

you,

comin' on so strong

thought you had me

when you said you

were wrong

first saying one thing

then the other

trying to confuse me

oh boy, you ain't my lover



You,

comin' on like that

make me believe

it's not where your at

then side steppin' into

your acrobats

makin' me think you care

makin' me think you dare


See,

the thing is that you

underestimated me and what

I could do to you

so, you were deep

into what you wanted to

say and think,  how you

had to say it, how you

wanted to play it,  you

must have forgot about me



Trying so hard to make

me want you

didn't see me comin'

after you

And now, you don't know

what to do


Just close your eyes

and strap on your belt

it's my turn, baby

the games have just begun

you don't know when it's real

and how it felt


You,

comin' on so strong

and me

wanting you right

or wrong

got you right where

you belong....

and when I feel

you've paid your dues

then you might have me

or not, it's true


See, I'm not your muse

to be played with

and used

you, thinkin'

you had me

now, close your eyes, baby

it's too late and

you've been fooled

there ain't nothin' like

breakin' the golden rule......



Revised 5-28-20

No comments:

Post a Comment