Sunday, June 16, 2013

Secrets

We had to hide

everything.. and no one could know

how we really felt or how we

really loved each other

the secrets we kept

were tearing us apart

When I saw your face that day

I knew something had

gone completely wrong

and then you told me and

oh, I felt so bad,

so bad for you

and just like that

our secret world started

to fall apart right before

us and like sand in our

hands, slipping away


how was I to know this

was the last time I would

see you, how was I

to know, this would

be the last time I would

be with you

we cried in each other's arms

as  you confessed the whole

thing to me, and

I tried not to believe it

I just couldn't even

imagine that my love

could be yanked from

me, in such a way


But, honey, so much

time has passed and I haven't

seen you in so long

and I haven't even

 spoken to you


And, my love, I just had to

say,   if you see this

or hear my voice or see me

on television or the radio,

please give

me another chance for

I have learned my lesson

and each and every day

I regret not telling you

my side of our secret

world but I've made

a better life for myself

I've got my shit together

and every day, I see you

every where I go and

I pretend you still hold me

and love me

and can't live without me

I want you more then

before and I know that

we can make this work

I've got it bad, baby

Just honey, please,

come back to me

come back to me


the secrets that we had

just makes us that much

stronger, makes me know

that what we had was real

our love was meant to last

longer


they say time heals but

I'm still waiting

waiting for you

secret

love

my secret

was you




June 16th, 2013.








No comments:

Post a Comment