Saturday, October 12, 2013

Fate

It's late. I have seen you many times before
Walking down a darkened path,
brushed against you through a door,
caught your eye across  the room
it's very very late

Not a day goes by
that you don't creep into my thoughts
like the clever magic man selling card
tricks on the corner
or the hat trick man who fools you
with his hat, every time
you creep into my thoughts when
I least expect, and I'm all alone

It's like a dream I had
many times before, each time wanting more
waking up to realize that it was
just another dream and each
time wondering what I dreamed it for

It's late. The sun has set beyond the horizon
and shadows skate across the hills
I am haunted by you, should we meet
on that darkened path that I should hold
you close and circumstance and all,
know you are the one

Fall is coming. I look outside, only to see
the leaves have dropped and covered the
ground with an orange and yellow carpet
And I see someone coming, can sense it too
I've been here before, at this door
but in all of history, never with you
in all of history, I see you
It's getting very very late
and somehow I wonder,
could it possibly at last
come true....






October 2013

















No comments:

Post a Comment