Thursday, May 16, 2013

worth the wait



i could not think, for every emotion inside of me was giddy

he stood not one inch from me and seemed to not have a care as he laughed and talked about some sort of nonsense


if you asked me what it was, I will not ever remember as I just kept gazing into his eyes, those deep lovely, story-telling brown eyes...


he was very excited and seemed somewhat animated and don't know if that was because of his closeness to me or just an inner happiness that came upon him...

i leaned in slightly closer to him, and now i could actually feel the electricity between us, as we laughed and jostled for the perfect spot

he glanced forward and looked directly into my face, my eyes, as we laughed and i knew that given the right opportunity this would end another way

i swooned inside like a little girl; i was the rag doll being thrown about by every emotion

and then, the most tell-tale of signs, he went looking back and forth between my eyes and searching for something as his eyes made it slowly down my face..... and finally settling on my lips....

and at that moment i have no idea what our conversation was but we were like poetry just ebbing and flowing and laughing and i could see words coming from our mouths but never knew what the hell we were saying

we were on a ship, not being able to steer ourselves, but being thrown about by the ocean, as if we had no control

and as as I say, had it been the right time, i know i would have grabbed him for I wanted to or he me...

he dwelled there for awhile on my lips, as if they were a luscious basket of fruit

what was I to do?

but i did not budge my position and moved closer ....

that first kiss, that slight, ever so parting of the lips that one does when one wants to kiss someone and ever so lightly as to not let them think that you want any part of them other then a kiss...

that first kiss that opens the door for...well, so much more....

that first kiss would have to wait....

it had to be very very special, not just carelessly given away...

i leaned back and laughed and he watched me and did not lose his gaze

not this time,

another day

very special things are worth the wait

2 comments:

  1. Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, and endures all things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it may seem, love is unkind, for we blame the feeling of love on the actions of the person that we love. But in it's purest form, love is heavenly. And worth the wait.

    Thank you for the beautiful comment.

    ReplyDelete