Sunday, May 19, 2013

Lessons

It's a good thing to be able to still be learning stuff..

I mean, if you ain't learning, well, you ain't  growing, right?

Well, good thing I've learned some pretty hard lessons throughout 

my life which has helped me grow immensely.


Some, I wish I didn't have to learn...

like being arrested when I was 18 for being Under the Influence 

  .. .  oh and JAIL IS NOT FUN!

(contrary to what others would have you believe)


That lesson didn't need to be learned,  since I never really

drank before. I had gone to a friend's wedding.  They had some 

cute little dixie cups filled with champagne...Tasted like Kool-

Aid to me!   Well.... how was I to know that I would get so 

drunk, I'd be throwing up all the next day...ugh, NEVER, NEVER

AGAIN!

(And getting your parents to drive to San Diego to get you out of jail... put that on your list, if you're still alive after that; NEVER HAVE TO CALL YOUR PARENTS TO GET YOU OUT OF JAIL!)

See, that's what I'm talking about...

Now that was a LESSON, right ! 



So, I'm still learnin'. I mean, the lessons I'm learning now are 

a little more tame. Now it's all about relationships and 

friendships. I like that. It's not so traumatizing. Don't even 

like that word.



Something I learned recently is about friendships.  I'm lucky I

learned this in time. Having friends and keeping

them is like having a community chest full of money. Friends just

keep giving. They love you and support you. They comfort you. 

Without my friends, I wouldn't be doing this today. So for those

of you who know who you are, thank you for being there. You are

my inspiration! 


See, some lessons we learn seem harsh and sudden. While others

kind of sneak up on you. Nonetheless, they are lessons and we 

have to be ready for them and willing to learn. Otherwise, you'll 

be repeating that shit, and you won't like it the second, third 

and forth time....

No comments:

Post a Comment