Saturday, January 4, 2014

Unfair

he stood there 
as if to say,
I'm in no way 
into you

I tried to ignore it
wondering what I 
ever saw in him
but knew that
was wrong

as I approached 
I grabbed his hand
he pulled away and
jerked around
"Hey", he said
as if he never wanted
me to touch him again

"Don't" he said
and I walked past him
pretending not to care
and then I felt him
from behind as he
grabbed me

His arms circled my waist
as I tried to resist
"you," he said as if
I were someone else
and then he kissed me
like he had before
so many times
and it was just as 
it had been always
his mouth on mine
he whispered
"I love you"

I knew then as I know now
pretending that you don't
care, was protecting our
souls from a love
that was so unfair

it was our secret
it would always be our secret




January 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment