Saturday, January 11, 2014

Third Time Charmer

Something about the first time
and being it was
mind blowing and
crushing me
as my heart sank 
well I never
saw the 
second time
coming

it was then,
after the first time, that I
decided not
to play that
game
while I was trying
not to cry
as each day
dragged slowly by

so dumb I was 
thinking you were
coming back 
and when you
did, I tried
I tried to
get out of
my head

But when the second time
came rolling through
your heart
being so untrue
and me 
falling down
once again
not knowing if
I would ever get up
again

I cried until
my tears were
dry 
then you showed
up, the second time
 at my door
that was when

And now, I carry
my heart
as it is so
heavy because they
say
the third time
is a charm
now, after
you said goodbye
what am I
what am I
what am I

I'm the
third time
charmer
broken down
and feelin'
like I could
die....


2 comments:

  1. You shoot straight from the heart....always enjoy reading what you write....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so in awe of you that getting any compliment is an honor! Thank you Coty!

      Delete