Monday, January 27, 2014

The One

When I saw you at the
drugstore
and you looked
at me twice
I knew we'd be
together and
I knew you'd
be nice

You tried not to
fall and I
tried not to catch
you but you
fell anyway
and I knew
she would let
you

So I tried to stay
cool and not
give it away that
I wanted you 
more
each and
every day

But I know
now it was
wrong and we
held on too long
me wanting more
and you only
wanting to end
the war

And in spite of the
fighting, in spite
of the truth, we held on
together and
we held on
for us and
I wished for a song
something to
believe in and
something to be strong

But she couldn't let go
and neither could I
I guess in the long
run
it was her or I

So, I gave up my heart
and I gave up
my dream
of you and I together
it was not what it seemed
and I remembered
when I met you
that day in
the drugstore,
I knew
I would love you
I knew I 
couldn't let go.....

No comments:

Post a Comment