Sunday, March 9, 2014

Remains

You play that game
the one where you win
and I remain the same
It's always this and that
and who
you want to blame
making you not the winner,
who taught you how
to play this game?

When you kissed me
and I kissed you back
no need to make more of it
I was just passing time
what part of that
meant more
then 
any of this rhyme?

What you didn't and
never have gotten
lest you forget
which seemed more rotten
whether you were just
using me or
maybe just misbegotten
plans,
could it be
you were really falling in love...?
I tend to think 
the latter,
but maybe not
right then

So now,
you play that game
the one where you want
to win and I
remain the same
only trouble is
I know your name
and all the places
from which you came
I see through you now
and two
can play that game
And maybe this time
I'll win
while you can't help yourself
you,
remain the same....



March 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment