Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Like Flowers to Rain

How long do I have to wait
will it be forever - is that our
fate? Or are we just doomed
is it too late...
how long do I just ignore
the signs...
how long do I wait..

I keep asking myself, why am
I still here
feeling like every
moment is another year
wanting you to just be near
why am I still here

how long does my heart have to ache
while you play me for a fool,
like it's just a mistake
trying not to get wrapped into
who gives and who takes
how long does my heart have to ache

I'm all alone, waiting for you
and I can't believe that it's not true
that the love we've been feeling is
all sordid and that we're through
I'm still all alone, waiting for you

I need you now, like the flowers
to rain
I need you now, my love,
through my sorrow and pain
I need you to tell me that
we'll try once again, oh darlin',
I need you now like flowers
to rain

How long do I wait for you
so much love that I have and
my feelings so true,
I love you darlin' and can't
think of life without you,
So why do I still wait for you...
because I still love and
cherish you
And if you asked me tomorrow
what would I do, I would tell
you,
Like flowers to the rain, I will
always need you...



A Lovely August Day, 2013






No comments:

Post a Comment