Monday, May 30, 2016

I Let Go

I've been accused
of a lot of things
even so far as
all the paranoia
that brings
but I've never been
accused of loving
too much
I never knew
there was such

Now you're telling me
that I was the one
that just didn't see
That it was never meant
to be
that I had misconstrued
something that was not
ever to come
something that was
always just a bit undone

But of all the times
we were together
I know what it feels like
to love somebody forever
And no matter what you said
or how much you want to hurt me
I know what we had
it wasn't all in my head

So I see now, what you wanted
from me
you can't even look at me
not even worth an apology
or can't even say my name
and if you stole my heart
I have no one else but me
to blame

If there ever was a time
when you wanted me so
I guess, from what you say
if it's true, we will never know
I gave you my heart
my body, my soul
But you break me down now
it's time
I need to let you go........






May     2016

No comments:

Post a Comment