Sunday, January 31, 2016

lover's lament

we are like two alone
who walk in the night
I can't be afraid, even
if your not with me
I know that it's coming
like the dawn at first light

I have no where to go but
back to you even when
it's dark and cold
the rain pouring down
upon my treacherous soul
my ship lights the sea
but off into the distance
I can just barely see
the breath of another
he is calling to me

we have not spoken
but I hear a gentle voice
whispering my name
even when I beg and
have no choice
it is the bleakness
that I walk, not knowing where to go
a gentle voice to lean upon
makes me feel like home

because nothing makes sense
you hating me, what I've become
me wishing that we had never begun
we are like two now, walking alone
it is not like we wanted this
or that we wished these moments unsung
now you don't see me but somehow you know
and I long for the moment

we are two lost now, alone
but somehow I know
somehow we know...





February 1, 2016
two thousand and sixteen with the first of february

No comments:

Post a Comment