Sunday, August 3, 2014

The Law of Love

He walks in that circle now
the one where he thinks he sees all
judging as he goes along, making
decisions, throwing out arbitrarily what
he doesn't want to know
making his new laws....

He can't talk to me now
never enough time or enough
wanting to, or desire and he doesn't
think he can even like me, never
again love me, as the business
of right & wrong
takes over

He glances back, being careful not to
let me see, checking where he's been and
not and wondering only what could be
and where we're not.

He walks in that circle now
the one where he thinks he sees all
but doesn't know the
difference between make-believe
and real, yet he runs
and doesn't fall, making new laws
but he really doesn't see
at all.

He glances back,
pretending he doesn't see
I catch him
he catches me...
but he doesn't see
he just doesn't see



August 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment