Thursday, November 7, 2013

Could Have Told You So

Is that all you wanted, well
all you had to do was ask
I would have told you the
truth from the beginning
I would have said, 
"hell no" and 
got rid of that
mask...


See, I could keep on
but what good would it do
you kept telling me that you got me
but the truth is
the only one you got is 
you
and I'm just a 
little something on the side
waiting for you 
to decide


We did this before
you, me and I hardly 
made it through
I know it's tough
for you but
seems like I'm the one
who's hurtin' and
you haven't got a clue


I'm pullin' back again
it's so hard to pretend
it's like two steps up
and one to throw 
away..
can't we just make it
to the end


You said you're sorry 
"if I hurt you"
but I'm still not ready 
to 
desert you
I'm sure you know
maybe it's time
to go
maybe I should have known
maybe you should 
have grown


Like I said, had you asked
from the start
I would have told you
if you're just gonna
let me go
then I
could have told
you so....







November 2013














2 comments:

  1. Beautiful...it stirs up memories of someone as if this was written for them, about them...you have a wonderful gift to put words down and bring what you write to life....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Coty. Coming from you, that is really a compliment!

      Delete